Upward and to the right, always...
Help scale our financial infrastructure.
Our finance team is responsible for shaping our understanding of how Graph is performing as a business, as well as what our best opportunities are for continued growth. We’re looking for a corporate accountant to join our small team to help us build our financial systems and track our progress within a fast-paced environment that’s growing rapidly.
What we're looking for
- Have 4-6 years of relevant accounting experience, with a degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA strongly preferred).
- Have public accounting (Big 4 preferred) and private industry experience.
- Know accounting systems (i.e. Oracle, Netsuite, Quickbooks).
- Demonstrate a strong fluency with U.S. GAAP (IFRS a plus).
- Be detail oriented, but able to visualize the larger impact of a series of transactions.
- Love Excel (or R), and be comfortable with extremely large data sets.
- Have a strong understanding of financial and operational controls.
- Be flexible and comfortable with changing requirements.
- Develop and own the monthly close process: prepare month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules.
- Evaluate and manage the implementation of systems as needed (ERP, HRIS, payroll, expense reporting, and more).
- Drive audit readiness and compliance, including international statutory audit processes.
- Research technical accounting guidance and issues, provide management reports, and perform analysis as needed.
- Manage audit, tax, valuation, and other accounting providers.
- Work alongside the team on other projects related to finance.
- Knowledge of (or experience in) the payments industry.
- Experience with SQL.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing the way software will be developed for years to come.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Generous options plan for equity earning
- Matching 401(k) plan, Fitness reimbursement.
- Full medical/dental/vision package.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
You should include these in your application
- A writeup explaining who you are as a programmer. Sample questions you might want to address: How'd you get started? What projects have you enjoyed working on? Which have you disliked? What motivates you? What surprising things have you learned about yourself since starting to program?
- A piece of code that does something you find interesting, and an explanation of why. (It doesn't have to be your own code.)
- Links to online profiles you use (Github, Twitter, etc).
- A description of your work history (whether as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose).
- If there are teams you'd be particularly interested in working on, please let us know (and tell us why!). This way we can have you interview with the people you'll likely work best with. This won't bind you to a specific team—we can figure that out together as the we learn more about your interests and strengths.