Build for ridiculously cool backend technologies...
Work on one of the most robust Python/gevent installations in Silicon Valley. Work on one of the most exciting web publishing platforms for people of all backgrounds. We're working on some incredible products and it will require your expertise.
What we're looking for
- Fast learner. We’re looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment. You have advanced knowledge of Python and knowledge of or eagerness to learn: MySQL, Graph databases, MongoDB, ZeroMQ, beanstalkd, socket.io and ElasticSearch.
- Fearlessness. You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
- Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the whole web stack, you understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Strong architecture chops. You know how to build highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique rate-of-growth requirements. You stay up-to-date with the latest architectural trends.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code "released" until you’re confident it’s correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business acumen. You understand requirements beyond the written word. Whether you’re working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
- Architect and build scalable infrastructure
- Contribute to our codebase and add your own features
- Think of game changing ideas and improve our development processes
- Collaborate with our team of top designers
- Work on a platform that touches hundreds of thousands of people
- Insightful opinions about developing for mobile
- A github account with some cool projects in it
- Scary amazing debugging skills
- Experience developing location aware mobile applications
- Experience developing testing suites for mobile applications
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing the way software will be developed for years to come.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Generous options plan for equity earning
- Matching 401(k) plan, Fitness reimbursement.
- Full medical/dental/vision package.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
You should include these in your application
- A writeup explaining who you are as a programmer. Sample questions you might want to address: How'd you get started? What projects have you enjoyed working on? Which have you disliked? What motivates you? What surprising things have you learned about yourself since starting to program?
- A piece of code that does something you find interesting, and an explanation of why. (It doesn't have to be your own code.)
- Links to online profiles you use (Github, Twitter, etc).
- A description of your work history (whether as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose).
- If there are teams you'd be particularly interested in working on, please let us know (and tell us why!). This way we can have you interview with the people you'll likely work best with. This won't bind you to a specific team—we can figure that out together as the we learn more about your interests and strengths.