Pretty is just a starting place...
We’re constantly building new and exciting features that expand the possibilities of visual web design. We're looking for an individual that shares our passion for building visual tools that empower creatives. The best candidates possess the skill and personality that can drive our product's most important initiatives. From working on our main design tool to our new products, there will be many opportunities to have an enormous impact at our small company. If you love designing great user interfaces and you want to leave your mark on the future of web design then you’d be a great fit on our team!
You’ll be involved in every step of the process for designing our products - researching the best possible solutions, creating user flows, designing mockups, designing high-fidelity UIs, and creating custom icons and graphics. Knowledge of HTML/CSS is preferred.
What we're looking for
- 5+ years of UI design and interactive work
- Experience designing web applications (complex UI’s, dashboards, etc)
- A solid design background with an obsessive eye for visual and interaction details
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- Self-motivated and able to efficiently run with a project without close supervision
- Basic knowledge of HTML & CSS (experience with LESS a plus)
- Understanding of basic search engine optimization
- Excellent communication skills - you should be able to clearly articulate your design decisions.
- Own every part of product design - from concept to shipping a pixel-perfect product
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the team
Do research and create example user behavior diagrams
- Design and iterate on rough mockups quickly
- Design detailed high-fidelity user interfaces
- Create custom icons and graphics that support the product
- Work directly with our engineers, delivering them product specs and assets
- Insightful opinions about developing for mobile
- A github account with some cool projects in it
- Scary amazing debugging skills
- Experience developing location aware mobile applications
- Experience developing testing suites for mobile applications
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing the way software will be developed for years to come.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Generous options plan for equity earning
- Matching 401(k) plan, Fitness reimbursement.
- Full medical/dental/vision package.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
You should include these in your application
- A writeup explaining who you are as a programmer. Sample questions you might want to address: How'd you get started? What projects have you enjoyed working on? Which have you disliked? What motivates you? What surprising things have you learned about yourself since starting to program?
- A piece of code that does something you find interesting, and an explanation of why. (It doesn't have to be your own code.)
- Links to online profiles you use (Github, Twitter, etc).
- A description of your work history (whether as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose).
- If there are teams you'd be particularly interested in working on, please let us know (and tell us why!). This way we can have you interview with the people you'll likely work best with. This won't bind you to a specific team—we can figure that out together as the we learn more about your interests and strengths.